History

Our History

The Elim Pentecostal Church was founded in 1915 in Monaghan Ireland. George Jeffreys, the founder, was an outstanding evangelist and Church planter. He was brought up as Welsh Congregational. He was strongly influenced by the Welsh revival of 1904 and was introduced to Pentecost by an Anglican vicar, Rev. Alexander Boddy of Sunderland.


Between 1915 and 1934, George Jeffreys conducted some tremendous evangelistic missions. This unknown preacher would commence a mission with a mere handful of people and by the end of the week, thousands would clamour for a seat. Amazing miracles of healing had taken place. After the mission many Churches were established, Covenant Hall being one of those Churches in 1933 and is still growing today.